Lake&Lure: Organic Cotton Shirts Are Better for You & the Environment
At Lake&Lure, we believe that organic cotton is the best choice for both you and the environment. That's why we use 100% organic cotton in most of our items. Promoting sustainability and social responsibility means a lot to us at Lake&Lure. We use organic cotton we decrease the amount of chemicals and other harmful ingredients that end up polluting our waterways.
The Benefits of Organic Cotton
- It's better for your health. Organic cotton is grown without the use of synthetic pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers. This means that it's less likely to irritate your skin or cause other health problems. It's better for the environment.
- Organic cotton farming practices help to protect and improve soil health, conserve water, and support biodiversity.
- It's more durable. Organic cotton fibers are longer and stronger than conventional cotton fibers, so they're less likely to tear or pill.
How Organic Cotton Helps the Environment
Organic cotton farming practices have a number of positive environmental benefits, including:
- Reduced use of chemicals. Organic cotton farmers use natural methods to control pests and weeds, such as crop rotation and cover cropping. This reduces the need for synthetic pesticides and herbicides, which can pollute water and soil.
- Improved soil health. Organic farming practices help to build soil organic matter, which improves water retention, reduces erosion, and increases nutrient availability. This leads to healthier soils that can produce more cotton with less water and fertilizer.
- Conserved water. Organic cotton farming uses less water than conventional cotton farming. This is because organic farmers use more efficient irrigation methods and avoid using water-intensive synthetic fertilizers.
- Supported biodiversity. Organic cotton farms provide habitats for beneficial insects and other wildlife. This helps to promote biodiversity and maintain a healthy ecosystem.
Let's Talk Numbers
According to the Organic Trade Association, organic cotton production reduces the use of synthetic pesticides by 67% and synthetic fertilizers by 90%. This means that a single organic cotton shirt can remove up to 5 pounds of chemicals from the environment during its production.
Why Organic Cotton Shirts are Better than Standard Cotton Shirts
Organic cotton shirts are better than standard cotton shirts for a number of reasons. First, they're better for your health. Organic cotton is grown without the use of synthetic chemicals, which can irritate your skin and cause other health problems. Second, organic cotton shirts are better for the environment. Organic cotton farming practices help to protect and improve soil health, conserve water, and support biodiversity. Third, organic cotton shirts are more durable. Organic cotton fibers are longer and stronger than conventional cotton fibers, so they're less likely to tear or pill. Shop Lake&Lure's collection of organic cotton shirts today and see the difference for yourself.